Thursday, August 27, 2026

Correction on Data Centers

 

In an earlier post on data centers I failed to  separate the issue of AI centers for military use from that of AI centers for civilian use. Development on the military side should go full speed ahead to avoid being put at a disadvantage by China (but I would assume military AI centers should be placed in hardened sites with their own sources of power anyway). While I think the freaking out over data centers is excessive and sometimes silly, civilian use AI data centers should be built only where there are adequate sources of power and water, and their owners should pay for any improvements to utilities needed to support them. It does not hurt to slow down and make sure those conditions will be met.  I should have understood  and appreciated the differences between the two cases.


Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home